During this last lesson, we will practice some Native Youth Olympics (NYO) games. These games require lots of positive thinking and personal strength. First we must believe we CAN do it! Positive thinking will help us feel more confident, respect ourselves and others, and achieve our goals. Here are some tips:
- Believe in yourself!
- Create your own happiness.
- Expect the best, not the worst.
- Take time for yourself. Practice silence.
- Banish negativity (irritation, anger and hate).
- Maintain a positive, optimistic attitude.
- Do not worry about what you cannot change. Cultivate gratitude for what is.
- Give yourself goals for motivation.
- Help someone else
- Keep practicing!
Positive affirmations have power to change our mindset. What are your favorite affirmations? Let us know in the comments!
As well as being a positive thinker, we must also show patience for ourselves and others. Everybody has some things they are good at or come more naturally to them. These are called strengths. Everyone also has things that we might struggle with a little more. We call these challenges. When doing thing that are hard, we have to be patient, because it takes more time, energy, and dedication to continue. In any case, the more we practice something, the better we become.
We will discuss this last lesson on our Zoom call Wednesday, May 19th at 2:00 PM.